24 September 2008

What A Grind!

Now I don't want you to get the wrong idea from this post.
.
I love my boy.
.
With all my heart.
.
He is my universe.
.

.

I love gazing into these.....
.

.

I'm partial to nibbling on one of these.....
.

.

I'm happy to rub noses with this.....
.

.

I can never resist kissing these.....
.


.
And it always makes me happy to see this....
.


.
But when he's asleep, that saintly-smile turns into my nightmare!
.
You see, at night, boy*jelly grinds his teeth.
.
A lot.
.
Loudly.
.
Every. Single. Night.
.
I can hear him through the wall.
.
I expect to go in one morning to find he has ground his teeth down to stumps!
.
Finger-nails on a blackboard I can cope with.
.
I could listen to the squeaking of polystyrene blocks rubbing together all day.
.
A key scraping against metal would be bliss.
.

But when it comes to bone grinding against bone, I have to put a pillow over my ears and hum to myself!
.

.

11 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

TEETH GRINDING!!!! EEEEEKKK!!!

I have a teeth grinder, and a snorer in the same room...right next to mine....

I don't sleep much!

Tine said...

My daugther has had periods of teeth-grinding too. It is really surprisingly loud!
I hope your son stops doing it soon, so you can get some sleep :-)

Lindsey said...

ha ha My OH used to grind his teeth. Don't worry - Toby'll grow out of it - by about 40!!!

April said...

OH dear - poor little Tobya and poor you for having to listen to it

April xx

Madi said...

i have one of those too.. ugh.. we bought a biger house so I dont have to listen to it.. but when on holiday... grrr..

Tip Top said...

Gum shield! I used to do it in my sleep and the dentist gave me a soft gum shield and it stopped me!!!!!!!!

Deanne said...

lol bless ya, i didnt even realise my little one did it till Daddy said doesnt that annoy you and thanks to that comment i can now hear it!!!!!!! :( x

Lynsey Lou said...

My husband and 18 month old are both teeth grinders I sometimes wish they did not have teeth at all.

Unknown said...

I've got one of those too ! Boo is a real grinder and I'm also surprised wondering why she still has teeth left to grind !
I love the vintage books, you can't beat them can you.
x

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Both my two babes grind...all N I G H T ....

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

oh my daughter does this its awful !!! i just dont get it but it obviously very common!
lesley x