27 September 2008

Ginger Comes Home

Last Sunday saw me doing this:
.
.
The weather was glorious, the stalls were busy, the cow-pats were fresh....
.
.
I am slowly building up a collection of vintage Ladybird books and the best find at one stall was a box full of kid's books for 5p each.
.
I bought 12 for the grand price of 60p ($1.20).
.
.
(A bargain when you think I sometimes pay 99p for one book in charity shops.)
.
This was my
absolute-most-favouritest-book-in-the-whole-wide-world-ever
when I was little:
.

.
My mum has my original copy, so I am going to take the pictures from this copy and frame each one for my bedroom:
.

.
.
.
Poor, sad little Ginger!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Aaahh. Poor Ginger.
My faves were the Fairy Tale ones - The Princess and the Frog and Snow White and Rose Red.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a great find - Love the illustrations of Ginger - they will look brilliant as framed prints.

prettyshabby said...

oh jelly..I have this book aswell..it was my dads and was my favourite story too when i went to my grannies house! I loved poor old Ginger ..the pictures are gorgeous and will look lovely framed.

Selfsewn said...

My favourite was the magic porridge pot! I really wanted a pot that made nonstop porridge when I was small.

Nat said...

I loved that book! I also had one about a kitten that I sdored but I can't remember what it was called.

Tine said...

What a wonderful idea to frame the pictures! It'll look great :-)

Jackie said...

I got the wise robin in that edition when I was about 4. I'm 57 now!

Anonymous said...

My fave Ladybird was The Princess and The Pea.... I knew it word for word. I am *so* going to go car booting to find some wonderful stuff!