10 September 2008

Can't Take Him Anywhere...

After school yesterday I had to pick up a prescription in our local chemist.
.
When you go in the door, there is a display-shelf right down the middle of the shop and you go to the left side to the tills/pharmacy and to the right to buy your toothbrushes, nappies, hair products, etc.
.
Off I amble to the left to go to the pharmacy section to collect my prescription.
.
Off boy*jelly goes to the right ... presumably to look at some hair-gel or something.
.
After a minute he appears by my side.
.
"Do you like my hair mummy?"
.
"Yes, it's lovely."
.
(distracted pause)
.
"Why?"
.
"I've just used all the combs"
.
* Sigh *
.
.

2 comments:

Twiggy said...

Oh bless him, that's funny :) Twiglet likes to root through my bag and about a year ago had a good rummage. Handed Grandad a tampon and said would you like one of mummys sweeties??? oh the shame, worse thing was Grandad didn't notice at first what it was - oh dear
Twiggy x

Indigo Blue said...

My daughter was about 3/4 and asked my why I was taking a white tablet (the pill). I of course lied and said I had a headache and the dangers of her touching any tablets etc. She then said did I have a lot of headaches as I take them alot. My husband just giggled and beat a hasty retreat. Luckiy no one was present and I am more careful about when I take them as I did not realsie how much she noticed even at that young age. Kids eh? My husband is so doing the birds and the bees talk now.