8 September 2008

I'm A Dirty Rotten Cheater

When I was de-pitting my workroom over the weekend, I re-discovered the
user-guide for my sewing machine.
.
I had a quick flip through it last night.
.
Now I've always thought those decorative stitches on sewing machines were for people who did "real" sewing ... you know, people who can do smocking, blind hems and can follow dress patterns ... so I've never really taken much notice of them, until this caught my eye.
.

.
Hang on, does that mean my machine can make me look like I can do proper hand-sewing?
.
.
Then I got excited.
.
You see, I've always wanted the JB*JB applique flower bag to look more rustic and hand-sewn.
.

.
Ta-da!
.

.
Told you I was a dirty rotten cheater!
.

10 comments:

Country Bliss said...

Brilliant, everyone will comment on how neatly you sew lol.
Yvonne

Joanne said...

I love all your goodies and now hand sewn LOL.

Tip Top said...

Heheheheh!! Nowt wrong with a bit of jiggery pokery!!!

Madi said...

what a great find.. and thanks for sharing that with me because i probably have that too.. what a cool idea... thanks jelly belly jelly brain.. your fantastic.!!

Leah said...

Not cheating just using all the resources at your disposal!!

By the way - what machine do you have?

Esther said...

Now I need to see if mine does that too!!

mommyholly said...

No way, you are not cheating! Just working your machine to its full advantages!!! :) The flower looks awesome- I wish my machien did that, but Im pretty sure it has one regular stick and maybe a "zig-zag" and thats about it haha!!

Lindsey said...

Wow!! Your machine did that?! It looks fab. Just like you'd done all by hand. :o)))

Selfsewn said...

ooh you big cheater!!hehe

Nat said...

Now I know my machine won't do that! I think it can do just about everything else but that is the one thing I wish it could do! Just out of interest, what machine do you use?