25 September 2008

Paging My Marbles....

This is our home phone.
.
.
(That's right, it's such a boring photo, I've had to pretty it up)
.
It's one of those digital-walk-around affairs.
.
For 99% of the time when the handset is not in the holder
(where it should "always be" according to Mr Jelly)
it's usually buried under a pile of goodness-knows-what and all we have to do is press the "Page" button and the handset rings so that we can locate it in an instant.
.
.
Genius idea.
.
And when I can't find my mobile phone....
.
.
I simply page the home-phone-handset to find which pile it is buried under, and then dial my mobile number until that starts ringing from whichever hand-bag I've left it in.
.
Easy-peasy.
.
So now I want to be able to page the following so that I can find them in an instant:
.
My waistline
.
The last 10 years
.
All the odd socks to go with the huge pile of single socks
.
My eyelashes
(seriously, they used to be as long as boy*jelly's and now they have disappeared)
.
My car-keys
.
The money that is never in my purse
.
My purse
.
boy*jelly's school shoes
(every single morning)
.
And as the post title implies....
.
... my MARBLES
because I lost them a long time ago!
.

8 comments:

Madi said...

ha ha ha.. I've lost some of those things too.. would like to find them..

Pink Feather Paradise said...

I like it .... I hope to find my sense of humour soon, unfortunately the battery has gone flat in my base unit and all the paging in the world won't help. Joining blog land has definitely helped me remember how to chuckle... its nice to know that I am not the only mum in a muddle.
Thank you for your little bit of humour in what can be a very depressing world!

Cheers Alex

Tine said...

LOL! Now that would be a something :-)

Tip Top said...

Ah, me too!!

JuliaB said...

I could do with a Marble Pager too! Glad you are feeling better. x

Deanne said...

lol, oh the page on the phone!!! my 20mth old takes great delight in pressing that every single minute he can get hold of it!!! i HATE our house phone lol x

Lynsey Lou said...

Great blog! thing thing that I am missing is the house phone. So if I loose my cell phone I have to pray that some one will call me so I can find it. I would love to find my waist line also but just having a baby gives me no hope. (I have forgotten what I look like with a figure! I have more rolls than a bakery.)

April said...

Don't worry honey - you can cope with anything as long as you never lose your sense of humour!

April xx

PS - if you find my marbles can I have back please...