18 July 2008

A Russian With Love

.
My swap partner was Lindsey over at Ethel and Edna's Tearoom
.
Well I know she's received it so I can show it to you.
.

.
I wanted to have a practice with my embroidery machine and when I found this gorgeous applique design available on the interweb, I knew it would be perfect.
.
.
I do feel a bit of a fraud because it was all done by machine, and I know there are so many of you out there who do fantastic work using hand sewing, so I've taken consolation in the fact that I did at least glue the buttons on by hand. (Glued, you'll note, not sewed!)
.
Anyway, I think she likes it.
.
To see other people's Russian Doll makes, check out the group on flickr
.
Oh, and I might have put some other stuff in the parcel .....
.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Like it? I LOVE it. My room is getting tidier. Now I just need some nails.
This is quite a timely post actually as I'm about to write you a very grovelling email...
Betcha can guess what it says... ;o)