21 June 2008

What Do I Win?

Having seen the 1930's Housewife Test results on quite a few ladies' blogs, I decided to take the plunge and have a go myself.
.
You must understand that I have to look up the word "housework" in the dictionary from time to time, just to check what the word means.
.
However, I am a little troubled by my result :

1

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Take the test!

.
I can only assume it had something to do with answering 'yes' to these questions :
.
Fails to wash top of milk bottle before opening it.
Often late for appointments.
Is more than 15 pounds overweight.
Serves too much from tin cans or the delicatessen store
Wears red nail polish.
Wears pajamas while cooking.
Tells risque or vulgar stories.
.
Oh well ... it's probably just as well I live in the Naughty Noughties then!
.
.

.
.
.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I knew we were kindred spirits! I answered the same as you for all of those questions. :o) What floozies we are - red nails indeed!!

Tip Top said...

Hahahahah!! Now I don't wear red nail polish but I scored not too many either!!

Is it cos we is crafty??!!

Jana Nielson said...

Crap!! I got an 89!! I am a superior 30's housewife!!

I think it is because I have 6 kids though. They must have given me tons of extra points for that!

Jenny said...

Well I got a 42, but they didn't ask me about Glittery Green fingernails!

Deanne said...

lol well i dont know how or why but i turned out to be 'average' lol x

prettyshabby said...

now I'm really upset..I got MINUS 38 points..i didnt even realise they did minus points..must be the radishes garlic and onions I eat before bedtime lol...who..just who in their right mind eats that before bedtime?!! ps.. yes you must show and tell your shabby finds..I have an old suitcase with labels too!

Hoola Tallulah said...

I am a failure too! Jeeeze, do you think 30's housewives were really like that?
What the hell is wrong with cooking in pyjamas anyway???? I LIVE in my pyjamas!

cara lou said...

Yahoo! I got a 64 -- Superior! I don't know if that's a good sign or not. Haha. Some of those questions were pretty demeaning to women!

Thanks for putting this up! It was fun!